Monday, November 1, 2010

Now that Halloween is over...

My wife just learned from her mother a great trick that she used to do after the Halloween candy was brought home, counted and put away for daily snacks.  She would take 7-10 of their best pieces of candy and put it in a zip-lock bag and put their name on it.  At Christmastime she would take the bag out and use it for stocking stuffers.  The children were never the wiser and with a large family it helped saved on gifts.  Look at it as a candy savings plan!!

Try it and let me know how it works out.

Thanks,
Greg

2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with my kids candy. I just thought I was stealing from them. Now I know I was being wise in my spending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda for your comment. I look at it as a delayed gratification plan that will serve two purposes. One, your kids won't eat as much candy and two, you can use the candy as stocking stuffers at Christmastime. Anything to save a nickel or two.

    ReplyDelete