Monday, October 18, 2010

Do all you can to get and stay out of debt!!

I just want to share with you an exciting experience I had last week!  I was talking with another business owner about me being a financial advisor.  After telling me about one of the financial advisors that he likes and trusts he shared with me the greatest moves he ever made was to get out of debt.  He went on to say that he thinks differently, all the money he makes is his, he doesn't owe anyone.  He doesn't owe any credit card debt, debt on a house, or anything.  I knew that this was one of the goals in order to become financially independent but I had never met someone who had no debt.  I was so excited to share my experience with my readers.  Here are a few suggestions that I have to assist you in getting out of debt.
  • Determine your Value System  First of all you should determine your value system.  What makes you tick?  Is it to have security in your life?  Is it to take your family on vacation?  Is it to travel?  If you understand your value system then it makes it easy to create a spending plan, set goals and look forward to debt repayment and eventual financial freedom.
  • Keep Track of Your Expenses  Second, is to keep track of all your expenses enough so you can create a spending plan.  Be strict with this exercise because it will only help you in your long range goals.
  • Make Tough Spending Decisions  Third, you may have to make some tough spending decisions.  These may include eating out less or getting your nails done once a month instead of twice.  This may challenging and you may not be popular but if you explain to your family or others affected by the decision and help them see the big picture you may have greater success.
  • Develop a Spending Plan  Fourth, make a spending plan so you can control your income and your debt repayment.  This will help you see where all your money is going.
  • http://vodpod.com/watch/1091778-how-to-get-out-of-debt- Take a look at this video clip, it's a bit light-hearted and kind of funny.  Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. That video clip was awesome! Do you have a spending plan outline that you prefer? We're always looking for the best budget spreadsheet or tool that we can find to always improve.

    ReplyDelete