Sunday, February 27, 2011

What will you do with your tax refund?

I have just finished filing our taxes and we should receive them in a few days!!  As I consider how we should spend our tax refund I thought to myself, should we spend it on something fun?  Or should we spend it on something like bills, car repairs, or paying down credit card debt?  I checked a couple of sites to see what others were doing with their refunds.  Some spent all their money on themselves, some put it all in the bank or other investment vehicle, but I like the idea of doing a little of both.  I think it's an issue of leverage, what will give you more "bang for your buck"?  For example, if we spend some money on our cars they may last longer, prolonging the time when we have to purchase another car.  I think it's important to go on a vacation with your family and spend quality time with them allowing you to create lasting memories a happy home.

If you find yourself in a position where you're not sure how to spend your refund take a look at this neat site I found as I was researching this entry.  The site is http://www.saveorspend.com/ and it will give you some ideas of how others will spend or have spent their tax refund.

Another article I read titled 5 smart ways to Spend your tax refund talked about 5 goods and services on which you can spend your money.  Some of these items are not only great to have now but keeps your money in your pocket longer.

Take a look at these links and let me know if they helped and if you had some good ways to spend your tax refund.  Next week we'll be discussing "How to most economically prepare for your summer vacation".

Thank you,

Greg and Jody Roche
Be Frugal Live Wealthy

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid off one of my last big bills and I am rolling that payment into the last of them. Still on track to be out of debt by the time I leave the service (Knocks on wood).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack,
    I want to ask you how you did it and what were some of the obstacles you overcame?

    ReplyDelete